Visitor Counter:

Getting Paid for Caregiving by Hiring Members of Your Family

elderly woman smiling with her caregiver

It’s never an easy task to look after our elderly relatives. In addition to the physical challenges, there are also financial issues to consider.

If you need help paying for personal care in Pennsylvania, the Department of Human Services has a program that will cover the costs and let you designate a family member to be your subsidized caregiver. Adult children, but not spouses or legal guardians, are included.

Medicaid-eligible program Services My Way (SMW) assists elderly or disabled Pennsylvanians. Instead of having the state make decisions for them, services are provided under the cash and counseling approach, in which the participating beneficiaries self-manage their care by selecting their care providers.

To be qualified to apply, Pennsylvania residents must first be eligible for the Pennsylvania Community HealthChoices Program or the Attendant Care Program. The non-financial requirements for these initiatives indicate that participants would also require in-home non-medical care services.

If you’re not married, you can qualify if your monthly income is less than $2,382 and your assets are less than $8,000. Married people, on the other hand, have higher limits based on their situation.

Those who exceed the limits may still be eligible for PA Medicaid. However, we recommend that they first speak with a Medicaid Planner to reorganize their finances and ensure their eligibility before applying.

On the other hand, if you need a third-party service provider of in-home care in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, contact us at Silverbird Homecare Services LLC and we will be happy to assist you.

This entry was posted in Hiring Members and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *